Know as ‘Eggs in Purgatory’ as the eggs simmer in a bright red cauldron of tomato and herbs. This dish combines a rich tomato pasta sauce with natures best sauce, a runny egg yolk.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 capsicum finely diced (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 small stick of celery finely sliced
- salt & pepper
- A little oil for frying
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or tasty cheese
- A handful of chopped parsley to garnish
- Fry the onion, celery, capsicum and garlic in a medium size frying pan until the onion is soft but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15mins. Crack 4 eggs into the pan, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Cover and simmer until the eggs are set.
- Serve on pasta or crusty bread or roasted potatoes or chips or however you like. Sprinkle garted cheese and parsley on top