A great way to start the day. See how quick ‘n easy Messy Eggs are to make….WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW;
These eggs are a great way to start the day. It’s a great recipe to use up leftovers too…
- 2 pieces uncooked bacon – coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 small onion, coarsely chopped
- Small red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 3 large brown or 6 x button mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese(optional)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to serve
- Place chopped bacon in a non-stick fry pan and heat over medium-high heat until bacon begins to look cooked, but isn’t crispy.
- Drain off any excess bacon fat.
- Add onion and capsicum to the pan and cook until onions start to soften.
- Add mushrooms and stir. Cook until mushrooms start to soften. Add spinach leaves.
- In a small bowl use a fork to whisk eggs.
- Stir the vegetables and bacon in the pan to mix, and pour the eggs in.
- If using cheese sprinkle over the egg
- Tilt pan so that the egg spreads across the entire pan and starts to set. Repeat if necessary.
- Let the eggs cook for a moment and then gently move and ‘stir’ all the ingredients around the pan with a fork or wooden spoon so the egg cooks through, and the other ingredients are mixed well with the eggs. This gives the recipe the “messy” look.
- Continue cooking until eggs are just cooked through. Plate and serve. Season as desired with salt and pepper
TIP: You can add any extra ingredients that you like, or leave some out – leftovers can also be used.