- 4 eggs (Size 7)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 slices ham or rindless bacon – chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chilli – ﬁrely chopped (discard seeds)
- 1 red capsicum – ﬁnely chopped
- 2 spring onions – chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, ﬁnely chopped
- ¾ cup of milk
- 30 g Tasty or Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium heat and cook onion, ad ham or bacon, chilli, red capsicum and spring onions over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion is turning translucent and soft.
- Stir in fresh parsley then remove pan from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place eggs, milk and cheese in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Stir in the cool onion/ham/bacon mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between four lightly greased small pots or dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle and golden brown on top.
- Set aside to cool for 5 mins to serve – and you can also flip them out onto a rack for a firmer base.
- Serve warm or cold with a fruity chutney or relish.