- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
Avocado Smash Method
- To make the “smash”, place avocado halves in a bowl and fork through to create a rustic mash.
- Add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and chopped cherry tomato. Mix well.
Poached Eggs Method
- Bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break egg into a small dish.
- Reduce the heat, to the water, to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
- Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
- Allow 3 – 4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- Smear Smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs.
- Recipe credit: Australian Egg Corporation
- Serving Size: 4