Easy to make and quick to prepare, poached eggs taste great on toast and are an essential for that brunch classic Eggs Benedict. Follow these easy steps to become a poached egg pro.
- 1 – 2 eggs per person
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Toasted bread or English muffins to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large shallow frying pan with water 3 – 4 cm deep and heat to a rolling boil.
- Add vinegar.
- Break an egg into a small cup and reduce to a low heat.
- Gently pour the egg into the water and repeat with additional eggs.
- Cook gently for 3 – 5 minutes, until cooked to your liking, or when the yolk is set and the white is almost firm.
- Lift the eggs out using a slotted spoon or fish slice and drain excess water. Gently pat the spoon or slice on top of a paper towel or tea towel to help this process.
- Serve eggs on toast or muffins.
- Serving Size: 1