- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespooon tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g silverbeet, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- At the same time mix the yoghurt, salt and mint together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the cayenne pepper, cumin and turmeric to the pan along with the chickpeas. And tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the silverbeet to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until the silver beet is tender.
- Break the eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are opaque but the yolks still runny. Serve at once, drizzled with minted yoghurt.
- Tip: If you prefer or have spinach to use instead of silver beet, then you can substitute it, but just cook it for a little less time.
- Serves 4 for $11
- Serving Size: 4