Poach an egg in less than a minute! This is fast and tastes really good. Perfect for breakfast or lunch anywhere you have a microwave. At home, work, in a motel or at school.
- 1 egg
- a little salt
- butter, oil or margarine to grease your cup
- 1 cup or mug (microwave safe)
- Grease a microwave-proof coffee mug and add a pinch of salt in the bottom of the cup.
- Crack an egg into the cup.
- Pierce the yolk with a fork.
- Cover with glad wrap.
- For soft-cooked egg: Cook in microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stand (still covered with plastic food wrap) for another 10 seconds.
- For hard-cooked egg: Cook in microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds and then stand (still covered with the glad wrap) for another 30 seconds.
- Sandwich in an English muffin for a breakfast sandwich or serve on wholegrain toast with sliced tomato.