Sesame noodle plate with crispy fried egg
This is a nutritious and tasty Asian-inspired dinner, ready in twenty minutes. Don't forget the hot sauce!
Write a review
- 100g egg or soba noodles
- 1 carrot, grated
- Small bunch spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut or kimchi
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Couple drops fish sauce
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Hot sauce
- 1 lemon wedge
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- Cook egg noodles in plenty of boiling water until cooked through. Remove from heat, rinse and set aside.
- Rinse the spinach, then roughly chop. In a small frying pan, sauté the spinach until wilted. Alternatively, wilt it in the microwave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- On a plate or bowl, set the noodles, and drizzle over sesame oil, chilli oil, soya sauce, and fish sauce.
- Add the grated carrot, wilted spinach, and sauerkraut or kimchi.
- For the egg, heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Carefully add the egg to the pan.
- Very carefully, tilt the pan, and using a spoon carefully spoon oil onto the egg.
- Once the egg is crisp around the edges and the white is cooked, carefully remove from the pan, and add to your plate. You want the yolk to still be runny.
- Serve sprinkled with black sesame seeds, a lemon wedge and hot sauce.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/