Packed full of flavour, just a small slice of this delicious gluten free flourless chocolate cake is all you need! A simple recipe to make, in just 10 minutes the cake will be in the oven. This is the very best flourless chocolate cake.
- 250g chocolate of your choice
- 250g butter
- 6 large (size 7) eggs separated
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 heaped teaspoon coco powder
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla essense
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a 20cm cake tin with greased baking paper.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put into bowl of food processor. Pulse to break into very small pieces.
- Add the brown sugar and pulse until the mixture becomes fine.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they are thoroughly frothy.
- Add white sugar a little at a time and continue whisking until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Add the boiling water to the choclate and sugar mixture in the food processor.
- Pulse and then add the egg yolks, cocoa and butter.
- Add vanilla essense.
- Fold the choclate mixture into the egg whites gently then pour the batter into your lined cake tin and bake for 50mins to 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and remove cake from tin.
- Serve warm or refridgerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with cream, ice cream, yoghurt, berry compote, fresh fruit or just on its own.