A healthy salad topped with seasoned scrambled eggs – Perfect for lunch on-the-go or a super fast dinner!
6 cups kale leaves – washed and torn
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped roasted red capsicum
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 avocado, peeled and diced into small cubes
6 tbsp (100 mL) olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup (60 mL) milk or cream
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp butter
1 large shallot, diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- In a large bowl, toss together kale, quinoa, tomatoes, capsicum, feta cheese, and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until transparent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally.Add egg mixture and stir.
- Cook egg mixture, stirring gently, until set (about 3 minutes). Divide salad between 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of the scrambled egg. Sprinkle with the chives to serve.
Recipe and Image Credit: © 2019 Egg Farmers of Canada. www.eggs.ca