This is a classic base recipe for chocolate brownies. Add your own touch, may be walnuts or almonds or dried fruit
- 125g butter
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 3 size 7 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essense
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Line a baking dish with baking paper (roughly 20cm square)
- Sift the cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add the butter to the cocoa powder gradually, stirring all the time.
- Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the cocoa gradually whisking continually until smooth.
- Mix the caster sugar through until well combined.
- Fold in the flour and stir until combined.
- Put the mixture into your baking dish and bake for about 30mins until firm to the touch.
- Cool and serve with fruit, ice cream or just on their own when you need a little chocolate treat
- Serving Size: 4