- 4 English muffins
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- 4 Eggs
1 For the Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 g butter – melted
- 1 Salt and pepper
- The Hollandaise sauce: This is really simple and can be made the night before.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender or processer and process until pale and smooth.
- Tilt the processor to increase the depth of the liquid, allowing the blades to really beat or whisk the mixture so it coagulates.
- Propping a book or chopping board under one edge works well.
- Very slowly pour in the melted butter while motor is running.
- The mixture should remain thick and pale.
- Gently reheat in a bowl set over simmering water.
- To assemble: Simply grill, fry or microwave the bacon rashers, toast the muffins and poach the eggs.
- Place the bacon on to a toasted muffin, top with a poached egg, add a spoonful of hollandaise and a grind of black pepper.
- Serving Size: 4