This is a delicious twist on Frensh Toast. Savoury or Sweet, you choose.
- 1 egg
- 1 crumpet
- 1 salt & pepper
- 1 a little fresh or dried parsley (or other herb)
- 1 a pinch of chilli or a little chilli sauce (here you can substitute curry powder or a spice of your choice)
- Mix all of the ingredients except the crumpet in a bowl. Soak the crumpet in the egg mixture. Fry gently in a pan with a little butter or oil.
- Serve with bacon and relish.
- Make a sweet version by substituting cinnamon for the salt & pepper and spices. Then top with honey and banana