Try this herby and healthy take on the classic potato salad. This flavourful dish is perfect for those hot summer days when you’re after a lighter and more refreshing take on the old classic.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch dill fronds, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- 800g new potatoes, halved
- 250g green beans
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- Combine garlic, mustard, dill, mint and yoghurt in a small bowl, mixing until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan filled with cold water. Season with salt and bring up to a boil. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water for 3 – 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and put into iced water until cool. Pat dry.
- In a pot of gently simmering water, gently add the eggs, cooking for 6 minutes for soft boiled eggs, or a further 2 – 3 minutes for a firmer yolk. Remove the eggs and plunge into cold water for 5 minutes. Once cooled, peel and quarter the eggs.
- To assemble the salad, gently toss the potatoes, beans, and cucumber with enough dressing to coat. Arrange the quartered eggs on top, then serve immediately.
If you can’t get your hands on fresh dill, try substituting it for a bunch of flat leaf parsley, then add a teaspoon of dried dill to the dressing to get that delicious dill flavour.
If you have any dressing leftover, save it to use as a dip for your favourite crunch veggies! It’s versatile and incredibly tasty.
Try serving this salad with asparagus spears in place of the green beans when they’re available fresh and in season.
We love all things green! Try adding in any seasonal greens available to switch things up. We love green peas, rocket, spinach, and snap peas.
Keywords: potato salad