- 5 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Additional ¼ cup milk
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 mushrooms chopped
- 2 rashers bacon chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or chives
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In a non stick pan cook onion, bacon and mushrooms until the bacon is starting to colour and the onions are soft. Set aside.
- While vegetables and bacon are cooking, prepare crust.
- In a processer place flour, salt, herbs and margarine or butter and pulse to combine.
- Add ¾ cup of milk and pulse until dough comes together.
- Roll dough on floured board until only a couple of centimetres thick and cut into 12 circles to line muffin pan cups.
- I use a 425g tuna tin as a cutter.
- Whisk together eggs, ¼ cup milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pan with cooked bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes until eggs are just starting to set – this makes it easier to spoon the bacon and egg filling into the cups.
- Place a dollop of tomato sauce into the bottom of each cup and top with a spoonful of the filling. When all the cups are filled bake for 15 minutes or until cups are golden and filling is set.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serving Size: 8