- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 125ºC.
- In a clean deep bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar to a stiff foam.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and glossy and stands up in peaks. Beat in the vanilla.
- Place in spoonfuls on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour – or until set and dry.
- Remove from the baking tray and store in an air-tight container at room temperature, or in the freezer.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 2