These toasties are a yummy change to scrambled eggs on toast. We used a sandwich toaster to cook these but they work well in a grill press. A fresh tomato salsa goes well with this mexican inspired recipe.
- 4 tortillas – flour or corn
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- a knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat your sandwich toaster or grill press.
- Put a frypan on medium heat and melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs and add to the butter before it begins to sizzle.
- Cook the eggs gently, stirring them softly, regularly.
- While the eggs cook, cut the tortillas so that they fit your sandwich toaster with a little over-hang.
- Butter one side of the tortillas.
- When the eggs are half scrambled add the spring onion, capsicum and cheese and continue to cook, stirring regularly.
- Once the mixture looks almost set remove from the heat.
- Place 2 tortillas in the base of your sandwich toaster and spoon the egg mixture on top.
- Cover with the remaining 2 tortillas and press the grill shut – lightly.
- Toast until the tortillas are warmed and a little brown.
- Serve with a fresh tomato salsa or a salad
- Serving Size: 2