Summer flavours dominate this quick and easy recipe that is full of natures goodness
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 medium size brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped and squashed under a knife
- 3 – 4 zucchini grated
- 150g feta cheese, chopped or crumbled into 1cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped (or other herbs)
- 10 eggs
- 1 salt & pepper
- Heat the oil or butter in a 26cm pan
- Fry the onion and garlic gently until soft but not brown.
- Meanwhile grate the zucchini and squeeze as much moisture out of it as you can.
- Add zucchini to the pan and continue to fry gently for about 5 minutes.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add diced capsicum and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until the whites and yolks are thoroughly mixed.
- Season and add the feta and basil leaves to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the pan over the vegetables.
- Stir to mix the egg and vegetables.
- Cook slowly, moving the egg mixture from the bottom of the pan regularly so that the runny mixture reaches the pan’s surface.
- Meanwhile heat your grill to 200ºC.
- When the mixture is 3/4 set place the pan under the grill to finish cooking.
- If you don’t have a grill handy you can turn the mixture in the pan using a plate or chopping board.
- Once the egg mixture is set remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve warm or cold with a salad or more vegetables.
- A dollop of your favourite pickle, relish or chutney will go perfectly with this fritatta
- Add tomato, spinach and different cheeses to vary the recipe
- Serving Size: 4