Triple Club Sandwich
Avocados add a nice richness, eggs add healthy protein and the ripe tomatoes brighten up this lovely club sandwich. Thinly sliced cucumber can also be added for some texture.
Write a review
- 4 eggs - boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan. Cover with cold water. Set pan over high heat and bring water to rolling boil. Place a tight-fitting lid on pan and remove from heat. Let stand for 6 minutes. Drain water and place eggs under cold running water for 1 minute or until cool enough to handle. Peel and slice each egg.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Divide the avocado evenly over 2 pieces of bread; season with some salt and pepper. Top avocado with a piece of bread, mayonnaise side up. Divide tomato evenly over the 2 pieces of bread.
- Top tomato with a third piece of bread mayo side up. Divide sliced eggs evenly over the 2 pieces of bread; season with remaining salt and pepper. Top with the last piece of bread; mayo side down. Cut each sandwich in half to make 4 portions. Serve.
- Credit: Recipe and Image courtesy of Egg Farmers of Canada. www.eggs.ca
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/