Prepare the egg salad in advance and quickly roll with the tortillas in the
morning when packing a lunch bag – or make them when you’re ready at work, uni or school. Also great for party snacks.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 2 tsp mild mustard
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 small flour tortillas
- Gently stir chopped eggs with mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Store, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
- Line each tortilla with a lettuce leaf and spread egg salad over top. Tightly roll tortilla into a log shape. Cut each tortilla into 6 pinwheels. Package tightly, in an airtight container, so the pinwheels hold their shape.
- Add a couple dashes of hot sauce to the egg salad for a spicier version of this recipe.
- Credit: Recipe and Image courtesy of Egg Farmers of Canada. www.eggs.ca