Delicious hot or cold and very quick to make. A super simple dinner or lunch idea and a perfect way of using up any leftover pasta!
- 4 large eggs
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- ground black pepper
- 400 g leftover or cooked spaghetti (or any other type of pasta)
- extra virgin olive
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add in grated Parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture well then fold in the pasta gently working it through the egg mixture.
- To cook the frittata, pre heat an ovenproof 26cm non-stick frying pan on medium heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour in the combined frittata mixture and cook on medium heat for approximately 5 min or until it starts to crisp on the base, then place in the pre heated oven for about 5 min or until the egg mix is just firming.
- Remove the pan from the oven using an oven mitt, and then carefully flip the frittata out onto a large plate by placing the plate on top of the pan, and by holding the plate firmly on its base, turn both the plate and the pan over as one so that the frittata ends up on the plate, then slide it back into the pan, and return to the oven for a further 5 mins, or until it is crispy underneath.
- Serve with more finely grated Parmesan sprinkled on the top.
- For a Margarita inspired frittata, you can spread a small can of tomato pizza style topping sauce at step 2 to create a mid layer in the frittata. Pour half the frittata mix into the pan then spread the tomato sauce evenly over the mix and then use the remainder half of the frittata mix for the top layer. Then proceed to cooking as per above instructions.
- Serving Size: 4