A classic desert. So easy to make. Serve with fresh or tinned fruit and a little grated chocolate.
- 6 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 900ml cream
- 120gms caster sugar
- nutmeg to dust
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Beat eggs and extra yolks together with vanilla just until combined.
- Put cream in a pan with sugar. Stir to dissolve and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and add a little (about 100mls) at a time to the egg mixture, whisking continuously*.
- Once all of the cream and egg are combined pour the mixture into a baking dish or seperate ramikins.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top Stand in a roasting pan half-ful of hot water.
- Bake for approximately 40mins.
- Delicious served hot or cold. Grate dark chocolate on top and serve with fruit
- * This is known as Tempering – slowly raising the temperature of the eggs, (adding all of the hot cream at once will cause the eggs to scramble).
- Serving Size: 8