- Spaghetti or other pasta – enough for the number of people you are serving
- 8 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 3–4 rashers of rindless bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in plenty of hot salted water.
- While pasta cooks, combine eggs in a bowl
- Cook bacon in a deep pan.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan with the cooked bacon in it.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and gently stir to combine.
- Finish with a generous grind of black pepper.
- Leave to stand for 1 min.
- Serve with grated parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley on top.
- Optional: Add in herbs, garlic, peas, onion to create your favorite carbonara flavours.
- Serving Size: 5