Fudgey, chocolatey, decadent cookies are the ultimate treat to share with your loved ones. Gluten free friends? No worries – these are made with almond flour! Whip these tasty morsels up in under half an hour and they will quickly become everyone’s favourite!Print
Whip up a batch of these fudgy, flourless, chocolate cookies – they’re naturally gluten free, but no one will miss the flour! These cookies are .decadent and chocolatey, chewy on the inside and slightly crispy around the edges
- 2 cups ground almonds (also known as almond flour or almond meal)
- 1 ¾ cups icing sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 125g dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the almonds, icing sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Turn the mixer on low and mix to combine. Add the egg whites, then turn the speed up to medium. Continue mixing for 3 – 4 minutes until the batter has thickened.
- Fold through the chocolate. The mix will be quite sticky.
- Use a tablespoon to place spoonfuls of batter on the trays, allowing room for the biscuits to spread while they bake.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes until the biscuits start
- The biscuits will firm up while they’re cooling on the wire rack. Delicious and crisp on the first day, they’ll soften slightly and go fudgy on the second.
- Store in an airtight container for maximum shelf life – if they last longer than a day that is!
- For extra crunch and texture, try adding a handful of chopped, roasted almonds to your biscuit dough.