Quiche is a staple for any brunch but it’s also great for lunch and dinner. This recipe created by Chef Lynn Crawford is light, fluffy and delicious. Enjoy!
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups cleaned and diced leeks
1 cup (250ml) cream
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
90 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 190°C
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until they are wilted, about 5-7 minutes, then reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface or between two layers of plastic wrap or baking paper, roll out the thawed puff pastry to a thickness of about 5 mm. Line a shallow 23 cm pie plate and press the pastry up the sides to make a nice edge.
- Distribute leeks evenly across the bottom of the dish. Pour the cream mixture over leeks. Top the quiche with feta.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the centre is firm and the crust and top are nicely browned.
Recipe and Image Credit: Egg Farmers of Canada