This is the perfect lazy weekend brunch.
- 1–2 eggs
- 1 piece sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch leafy green vegetables, e.g. spinach, silverbeet, kale, rocket
- Juice of half a lemon
- To boil the eggs, fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to the boil, then carefully lower the eggs into the water with a large spoon.
- Time the eggs to boil for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough and sauté the greens.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter on a medium heat. Add the chopped and rinsed greens, and the garlic. Squeeze over the lemon, then cook for a minute or two. Remove from heat once the veggies are wilted.
- After six minutes, carefully remove the eggs from the pot, and run them immediately under cold water.
- Place the greens on the toast.
- Carefully peel the eggs, and cut them in half on the greens.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with plenty of hot sauce.
- Serving Size: 1