I love Thai flavours. This omelette makes a yummy breakfast but can be dressed up with avocado, salad greens and rice for lunch or a light evening meal. I’ll often add a little extra chilli.
- 1 tablespoon each: cornflour, water
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3–4 tablespoons rice bran oil
- Combine the cornflour, water, lime juice and fish sauce, until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl together with the cornflour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan on medium-high heat. Hold the bowl about 20cm above the pan and pour in the egg in one movement. The egg mixture will puff up. After about 30 seconds flip the omelette. Cook, until golden. Lift out and serve immediately.
- Great served with diced chilli and spring onions plus a lime wedge and extra fish sauce.
- For more recipes visit http://www.janbilton.co.nz/
- Serving Size: 1