This Summer Vegetable & Egg Tart looks like summer – bright and full of colour.
- 7 eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 150 grams grated cheese
- 150 mL cream
- chopped parsley
- 1 red capsicum
- Shortcrust pastry
- 1 red onion
- 2 courgettes
- Heat your oven to 180ºC.
- Line a tart tin or shallow pie dish with short crust pastry.
- Line the pastry with baking paper and dry rice or beans to blind bake
- Bake for 15mins.
- Meanwhile slice courgettes, capsicum and red onion and grill or dry fry until they get some colour but are still firm.
- Whisk together 3 of the eggs with 150mls of cream.
- Once you have baked the tart base for 15mins remove from the oven and line the pastry with 2/3 of the grilled vegetables.
- Pour over the egg and cream mixture and scatter 1/2 the cheese on top.
- Crack 4 eggs on to the tart mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese and cherry tomatoes and parsley.
- Bake for about 25mins until the egg and cream mixture is set.
- Serve with a salad and chutney
- You may have to vary the quantities to suit the size of your tart pan
- Serving Size: 4