Smashed Egg Salad – boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise and spring onion – so versatile and delicious. The baking soda makes the shells easy to remove
- 8 eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 generous tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 salt & pepper
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add 1 heaped teaspoon of baking soda.
- Lid the pan and bring to the boil.
- Once the water starts to boil turn the element off and leave the eggs for 8 minutes in the water, in the pan on the cooling element.
- Then drain the water and replace with cold water to cool the eggs
- Replace water regularly with more cold, or even iced, water to chill the eggs
- Once the eggs are chilled remove shells and place eggs in a bowl
- Smash the eggs in a bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix together
- Add curry powder, fresh herbs, chives to vary the recipe
- Serving Size: 4