Caramelised onions, garlic and spices create a delicious warmth of flavour.
- 5 medium onions sliced finely into long strips
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp spice mixture such as Garam Masala (use baharat if you can get it or make it)
- 12 large eggs
- Oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped finely (or herb of your choice)
- Fry the onions gently in a pan until they are cooked and start to brown.
- Add the garli and spice mixture, salt and pepper and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Menawhile whisk the eggs together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and add the coriander.
- Once the garlic is softened pour the egg mixture over the onions and stir to combine.
- Cook gently stirring occasionaly to allow the runny egg to replace the cooked egg on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the mixture is 3/4 cooked place under a hot grill to cook the top.
- Once cooked slide onto a plate or chopping board and serve with salad, harissa or hot sauce
- Serving Size: 6