Tasty & versatile. This dish is simple to make and can feed a big family anytime of the day
- 600gms good quality sausage
- 6–8 slices wholegrain bread
- 2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grill, BBQ or Pan fry the sausages to brown them. Set aside to cool.
- Cube the bread and place in a well greased baking dish.
- Top with cheese, mushrooms and onion.
- Whisk eggs, milk, mustard powder, salt and pepper together until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Slice the sausages and place on top, pushing into mixture.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 1 hour.
- Serving Size: 8