The classic Chinese Omelette is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Full of goodness and flavour
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of cooked meat, seafood or fish
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 1 cup of cooked green vegetables (we used courgettes)
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of bean sprouts
- 3 tables spoons soya sauce
- 1 For the sauce
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
For the sauce
- Crumble the stock cube into the water ina a small pan.
- Heat to dissolve and then add the vinegar and soya sauce.
- Blend the cornflour with the cold water and add to the sauce mixture.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in a little oil.
- Season with papper and soya sauce.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of rice wine, sherry or water.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, beansprouts, green vegetables and cooked meat or seafood (we used prawns) to the egg mixture.
- Cook half of the egg mixture in a pan with a little oil, browning on one side then turning to brown on the other.
- Serve with rice or noodles or enjoy on its own
- Serving Size: 2