An egg casserole is a great way to start your day. Topped with bacon, filled with mushrooms and oozing with Cheddar cheese, it won’t be hard to get the family out of bed with this yummy breakfast casserole. Great served cold by the slice for picnics or serve warm with a green salad for a tasty dinner.
- 4 slices bread, crusts trimmed, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- 375 ml Trim milk
- 4 slices bacon – diced and cooked
- 1 cup grated light Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup frozen hash browns – thawed
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Spray a 23 cm square baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in the base of the pan, overlapping slightly.
- Whisk eggs, milk, bacon and ¼ cup of the cheese in large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Pour mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle thawed hash brown potatoes and remaining cheese over the egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated 180°C/350°F oven until lightly browned and a knife when inserted near the centre comes out clean – about 35 minutes.
- Serve cold as a picnic slice.
- Recipe Credit: Egg Farmers of Canada
- Serving Size: 4