- 2 cups cooked Golden Kumara (can be boiled, roasted or microwaved)
- 4 rashers Bacon, chopped (rind removed)
- 1 medium sized Onion finely chopped
- 3 Eggs
- Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small handful of Fresh Parsley, chopped (or use dried herbs)
- Pepper and a little salt
- Oil for frying
- Fry the bacon and onions together in a pan until cooked.
- Meanwhile combine the kumara, cheese, eggs and parsley, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the cooked bacon and onion and combine.
- Heat oil in a pan on low/medium heat.
- Dollop the mixture off a spoon into the pan.
- Cook the fritters on one side for about 3 minutes, depending on heat and thisness of mixture and then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain the fritters on kitchen paper and serve with a chutney, relish or hot sauce
- Serving Size: 6