- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Trim milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons low-fat milk in a microwave-safe coffee cup or bowl.
- Beat well so yolks and white are well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap (NB leave a small gap as a steam vent).
- Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 45 seconds, stir and cook for another 45 – 75 seconds, stirring several times during cooking.
- (Note: Cooking time will vary dependent on your microwave wattage).
- Cover and let stand for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving.
- The eggs will look slightly moist, but will finish cooking upon standing.
- While eggs are cooking, toast your toast.
- Serve immediately
- Serving Size: 1
NOTE: The NZ Food Safety Authority (Aug 2008) recommends that when using household cling film for microwave cooking, don’t let it touch the food as it melts at a low temperature and can potentially release chemicals if it drops onto the food. Leaving a corner of the dish uncovered to let steam escape reduces the risk of the film splitting and blowing off and settling on the food.