Spring pesto pasta with a poached egg
An impressive and simple dinner. Comforting after a long day.
Write a review
- 200g fettucine
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp good quality pesto of your choice – basil is good
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp parmesan, finely grated
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Drizzle good quality olive oil
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente.
- To poach the eggs, fill small frying pan with water and bring to a rolling simmer. Add the vinegar.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a small dish. Lower it carefully into the water, then remove the dish as the egg starts to set. Allow to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir the pesto, lemon zest, and chillli flakes through the pasta, and dish up on to serving plates. Add an egg to each plate.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, parmesan, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
I Love Eggs http://eggs.org.nz/