A deliciously simple Pavlova recipe, with yummy strawberries and cream topping. A real taste of summer on a plate! Try using Greek Honey Yoghurt for a healthier option…
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 500 ml Fresh Cream – for whipping, and to serve
- Fresh Strawberries (or other fruit) – to serve
- Icing sugar – to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Mark a 23cm circle on a baking paper sheet and place on an oven tray.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating continuously until the mixture is smooth and glossy and stands up in peaks.
- Beat in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture onto the circle (i.e. onto the baking paper on the oven tray).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 – 75 minutes or until lightly golden and hard to touch and marshmallowy in the centre.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pavlova in the oven until the oven is cold – This is an important part of the process!
- When cold, remove from oven and decorate with freshly whipped cream and chopped fresh fruit – strawberries, passionfruit, blueberries or kiwifruit are always a favourite!
- Leave in the fridge for 4-6 hrs prior to serving.
- TIP: You can substitute the cream topping with greek style honey sweetened yoghurt for a healthier option. Beat 375ml of yoghurt until smooth then place dollops on top of the pavlova as you would use the whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 8